Wednesday, July 19, 2006

On the Horizon...

Well it's been a busy week in the life of our church. We're right in the middle of our annual High Power Soccer Camp. Sorry for not posting any pictures, but I'm writting this from home since I'm not in the office much this week. I'm having to wake up at 6am every day (and for me that's WAY too early). Nevertheless it's been incredible to see God's hand at work in the life of this camp. Everything has worked out amazingly and it brings such a joy to me to see so many kids from our community experiencing Christ's love for the first time.

CHARITY'S BIRTHDAY!
This coming Friday, July 21st is Charity's 23rd birthday. Make sure you call her or send her an
email. We're heading into Ladner for a birthday dinner with my family. I think we're heading to La Strada (which is a restaurant where I worked for 3 years.) I love you babe!

...SEATTLE
Charity and I are off this weekend to the "Emerald City" for a 3 day vacation. This is kind of a Birthday/ We just need to get away vacation. Looks like we're going to be blessed with some phenominal weather. Thanks God! We are really pumped to get away for a few days, and to explore this great city. We're going to get to do some really fun activities during the three days like; Seattle Mariners Game, Todai Sushi Buffet, Seattle Underground Tour, Pike Place Market, and we're going to Mars Hill Church on Sunday morning! I'm stoked to finally get to this awesome church. It's also the "Bite of Seattle" while we're down there, so it looks like we'll get to eat various west coast cuisine--and here's the best part--it's FREE!
We're staying downtown which is awesome since we can park the car when we arrive and walk everywhere during the weekend. Seattle also offers free public transit in their downtown core. This is such a great idea! So we'll definitely make use of it during the week. On our way home from the weekend we're going to stop off at the Seattle Premium Outlets. Now, could their be a vacation for me without shopping? If you said yes...you don't know me that well.

Once we get back it's laundry day on Tuesday, then time to wake up super freaking early on Wednesday morning to meet at the church to drive down to Creation Fest. Our yearly trek to the extremly hot summer music festival. This is always a highlight of my summer. Bring on the great bands, and especially the Youth Pastor VIP area. This place is air conditioned, and offers complimentary ice water, pop etc. for Youth Pastors & one guest. WOO HOO.

So that's gonna be my next 14 or so days. Don't expect much of a blog update until early August, since when Charity and I get back from Creation Fest it's our 2 year wedding anniversary. Isn't that crazy to think that it's been 2 years! I have to say they have been the best two years of my life. And every day I am so thankful to be married to such a wonderful woman! I love you sweety, and I'm so glad we get to spend this anniversary together and not driving in seperate cars! (I'll tell you the story behind that if you don't know--just ask nicely).

I'll throw a bunch of pics up when all this is said and done with. It's certainly going to be a fun next couple of weeks.

Peace:

Ty

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Make sure to check out Laurell Hubick at Creation Festival- she will be playing on Wednesday!

www.laurell.ca

I am setting up a gig for her to play near Portland, Oregon on Tuesday night on her way to Creation. Have a fun time!

afterthoughtcomposer said...

Tyler! How was the week of fun? I hope you are both doing well, looks like you are :)