Friday, March 31, 2006
It's always fun finding a picture using the Google Images Search engine to represent my current weight. So here's my latest update. I think I'll continue to post them once a month. Normally I would post this on the 1st of every month...but since tommorow is Saturday...I figured I might as well get it done with one day early.
Things are really going well between me and the gym. I have really come to love the Elyptical (spelling?) machine. Wow does that thing ever work you over! I am ususaly able to make it to the gym 3 days/week, sometimes 4. For anyone out there who is really feeling "fat like a freight train" may I suggest getting off your lazy butt and finding a gym to be apart of. I have found that I have substantially more energy during my days...often too much now...or maybe that's just the A.D.D kicking in? I can see a deffinate decrease in my gut size... and I am even able to yank my belt 2 notches less now!
Sorry if that last part was TMI (too much info) but I want to challenge those out there who are reading this who say "I Have No Time", that what you really mean is "I Don't Want to MAKE TIME". So we're just about half way there.... and I'm still not 100% sure if I'll make my 25lbs before 25yrs goal...but either way it's sure nice to be healthier again.
Hopefully next month I'll have broken the 200 barrier (less than 200lbs that it is.)
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Jesus, I my cross have taken,
all to leave and follow thee.
Destitute, despised, forsaken,
thou from hence my all shall be.
Perish every fond ambition,
all I’ve sought or hoped or known.
Yet how rich is my condition!
God and heaven are still my own.
Let the world despise and leave me;
they have left my Savior too.
Human hearts and looks deceive me;
thou art not, like them, untrue.
O while thou dost smile upon me,
God of wisdom, love, and might,
foes may hate and friends disown me,
show thy face and all is bright.
"Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken" Henry Lyte
Monday, March 20, 2006
Well it's been a really busy weekend for me. Let me explain...
1) Friday Night & All Day Saturday: One of my youth leaders (Todd) & I went to a Youth Leaders Conference out in Abbotsford. The theme of this weekend was called "Stumbling Towards Faith" which is also the title of our guest speaker--Renee Alston's latest book. She did a phenominal job especially after flying since 3am to get to the conference... I left really sensing God at work in my own life...and in my own story. At the end of the conference we had communion together (with bread, grapes, juice & even chocolate!). It was more of a feast really! After we took communion we were encouraged to take a rock home with us. Each rock had a unique work written on it. The one that I picked up had "chosen" written on it. This word was one of the central themes of the sermon that I preached on Sunday (more about that in a minute). I look forward to unpacking all that I learned in my break out sessions...and reading the book that I won.
2) Sunday Morning: At church on Sunday I had the priviledge of leading worship with my buddy Jeremy--and as well give the message. Let's just say that my week leading up to this was pretty crazy. The whole service went really smooth...no big glitches...and I was blessed at the end by so many people wanting to thank me, and saying they truly appreciated what I had to say. If you want an mp3 version of my sermon please just leave me a comment.
3) Sunday Afternoon: My parents came to church and then we went out to Milestones for lunch...mmm! I had these Thai Chicken Taco's with a peanut sauce & mango salsa! Dang! After that Charity and I drove her old' 93 Buick over to the Pontiac/Buick/GM dealdership and picked up our NEW 2006 Pontiac Vibe. Yup...it's a freaking nice vehicle. Fully Loaded, and oh does it drive nicely. We drove it around with our sunroof open yesterday and man did it feel good. Take a look for yourself...
4) Monday Morning: Well today is officially the 1st day of Spring....yeah!!! So to welcome in this new season my friend Jason and I...and his buddy Jer went golfing! Yup, for all thsoe people who read this and are shovelling snow....suckas!!! It was a gloriously clear-sunny morning...a little cool, but it warmed right up about half way through our game. I didn't do too badly since it was my first game of the season. I didn't even bother keeping score...I'll start doing that later!
So that was my weekend...lots happened, and now I find myself thinking about a nap. I hope your weekend was a good one too. That's all for now!
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Yup...April 29th Switchfoot is here in Vancouver!
And just like my friend Andrew I won't be able to make it either...
We're supposed to be having a Car Wash that day and since the concert is at 3:30pm that's kinda right when we'd be doing it. I might just have to make an excecutive decision here really fast since tix go on sale tommorow (Friday Mar. 17th). We might just have to re-schedule this Car Wash...
Thursday, March 09, 2006
7 Things I would like to do before I die:
1. Have Kids
2. Sky dive
4. Fire a powerful gun
5. Go on a 2nd Honeymoon with my wife! (that might result in #1)
6. Experience Weightlessness
7. Drive a really expensive sports car (Ferrari/Lamborghini)
7 things I can’t do (yet) :
2. Stop on skates
3. Blink with my left eye
4. Whistle really loudly
5. The splits
6. Run a marathon
7. think of a last thing for this freakin' list
7 things that attract me to blogging:
1. Updates about my friends
2. Seeing Pictures
3. Getting my thoughts out to the world
4. Keeping in touch
5. Learning about others
6. Different opinions
7. Social interaction
7 things I say most often:
1. That's fantastic!
2. Blessings, (if you ever receive an email from me)
3. That's phenominal!
4. *%$# (only if I'm really upset)
5. BOO-YEAH (ever seen that Quest episode?)
6. I Love You (to my wife!)
7. Hello (doesn't everyone say this lots?
7 books I love:
1. A Generous Orthodoxy - Brian D. Maclaren
2. Blue Like Jazz - Don Miller
3. The Immitation of Christ - Thomas a Kempis
4. Velvit Elvis - Rob Bell
5. Under the Overpass - Mike Yankoski
6. The Gospel According to the Simpsons - Mark I. Pinky
7. The Bible
7 movies I watch over and over:
1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
2. Arthur (1&2)
3. Top Gun
4. The Terminal
5. The Notebook (Yes I cried!)
6. The Transporter (1&2)
7. Napolean Dynamite
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
I am so amazed at this guy for wanting to do something like this. What a fantastic way to get an eye-witness account of what's going on in local High Schools. I know that I've been out of school since 1999--that's a whole millenium ago! Anyways, I think all of us who are Pastors, Youth Leaders, Para-church workers etc... need to take a step back and realize that much of how our lives operate as adults...isn't necessarily how students lives are while they are in High School.
He's only on day 5 currently...so get caught up...and enjoy the rest!
To view the intro click here:
To go to the main site click here:
Ya gotta love these things called blogs,
(ht to Marko for this)
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Friday, March 03, 2006
I don't even really know what to write to describe this... just click here and let me know what you think. (The videos will take a few minutes to download)
I always wondered if there was some sort of link between those golden arches and heaven's streets being paved with gold!
***This video goes off the air April 15th***
(ht to Andrew Haak for this)
Thursday, March 02, 2006
Over the months I've set up links to the blog sites that I frequent often (one of them being the blog of Mark Oestreicher of YS.) Well let's just say I was quite surprised & thrilled to see that he'd checked out my site some time earlier today & linked a story/photo that I threw on my blog a few days ago. So this makes it official...I've gone international! Thanks bud!
So to any of you who are reading this because of the link off Marko's site...thanks for dropping by! If you want to get to know more about me...you can always read the profile--or you can catch me making a fool of myself in the QUEST video series. I'm the bleach blonde haired guy in a white shirt who wants to give Jesus a "BIG BOO-YEAH" Check out episodes 3,4&7.
So the photo isn't true...I've had it on my computer for a while but never knew what site it originate from! Thanks Mark again, and at least we can all enjoy a good laugh...hmmm, where'd that bag of chips go that I was just munching on?
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
It's tough work to get the determination to hit the gym 3-4 times per week. I am hoping to meet with a personal trainer in the near future to discuss an even more specific game-plan that will help me with a more detailed work out & nutritional assesment. Even if I am loosing only 1 lb/week it's amazing how much better I feel, and how enjoyable it is when you set a goal like running 1 hr. on the treadmill...and then you accomplish it!
Stay tuned for more updates...I think I'll do one/month unless something monumental happens.