Monday, March 20, 2006

A Weekend Recap

***UPDATE: We have recovered my sermon (well 2/3 of it). So if you want to listen to it please leave me a comment and I'll send you the mp3 (it's just under 58mb). The transcript is still available if you want to know what I said in the first 1/3 of the sermon.***


Well it's been a really busy weekend for me. Let me explain...

1) Friday Night & All Day Saturday: One of my youth leaders (Todd) & I went to a Youth Leaders Conference out in Abbotsford. The theme of this weekend was called "Stumbling Towards Faith" which is also the title of our guest speaker--Renee Alston's latest book. She did a phenominal job especially after flying since 3am to get to the conference... I left really sensing God at work in my own life...and in my own story. At the end of the conference we had communion together (with bread, grapes, juice & even chocolate!). It was more of a feast really! After we took communion we were encouraged to take a rock home with us. Each rock had a unique work written on it. The one that I picked up had "chosen" written on it. This word was one of the central themes of the sermon that I preached on Sunday (more about that in a minute). I look forward to unpacking all that I learned in my break out sessions...and reading the book that I won.

2) Sunday Morning: At church on Sunday I had the priviledge of leading worship with my buddy Jeremy--and as well give the message. Let's just say that my week leading up to this was pretty crazy. The whole service went really smooth...no big glitches...and I was blessed at the end by so many people wanting to thank me, and saying they truly appreciated what I had to say. If you want an mp3 version of my sermon please just leave me a comment.

3) Sunday Afternoon: My parents came to church and then we went out to Milestones for lunch...mmm! I had these Thai Chicken Taco's with a peanut sauce & mango salsa! Dang! After that Charity and I drove her old' 93 Buick over to the Pontiac/Buick/GM dealdership and picked up our NEW 2006 Pontiac Vibe. Yup...it's a freaking nice vehicle. Fully Loaded, and oh does it drive nicely. We drove it around with our sunroof open yesterday and man did it feel good. Take a look for yourself...

4) Monday Morning: Well today is officially the 1st day of Spring....yeah!!! So to welcome in this new season my friend Jason and I...and his buddy Jer went golfing! Yup, for all thsoe people who read this and are shovelling snow....suckas!!! It was a gloriously clear-sunny morning...a little cool, but it warmed right up about half way through our game. I didn't do too badly since it was my first game of the season. I didn't even bother keeping score...I'll start doing that later!

So that was my weekend...lots happened, and now I find myself thinking about a nap. I hope your weekend was a good one too. That's all for now!

Peace:

Ty

No comments: