Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tonight my nana died.

My Nana is the one wearing the pink dress/jacket on the right hand side. This was taken almost one year ago at my brother's wedding.

It's always one of those tough things to hear. My dad called me about 30 minutes ago to tell me that my Nana (Grand-ma) had passed away peacefully in her sleep. I've always had a special connection with my Nana, and especially in these past few years.

Charity and I have had the privilege of getting out to see her twice in the past few weeks. These have been amazing times of praying together as a couple for Nana, and praying with Nana as well. Only in these past few years have I seen my Nana's faith really flourish, but it's been amazing to share about our faith together (me being the grand-son/pastor in the family).

Last week when we got together myself, Charity, and Nana all took turns praying. It was truly a moment that I have frozen in time. She was my last surviving grand-parent, so this is definitely something very different for me now, but none the less I am happy that she is no longer in pain.

Please be in prayer for my family as we process the loss of a great woman. Many people were impacted by her life. Through her cries to Jesus in our last time praying together and the final conversations we had about putting our lives in Jesus' hands, I know that she is now with Jesus in Heaven. This is something that is truly comforting. To know that I will see my Nana again.

This event puts the finiteness of our lives into clear view. That we are not here very long, and that God is calling us to himself, and we need to make the choice to live our lives fully for Him, or face the unpleasant consequences of a life eternally separated from God.

I'll see you again Nana...

Tyler

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I have lost a grandmother as well. My condolences, sympathy and prayers.

G&P
- A

afterthoughtcomposer said...

hey ty,
your words here speak volumes about how beautiful she is. thank you! our prayers are with you,

ashley