Monday, August 29, 2005

Back to life...Back to reality

Well my vacation is over...and tommorow I get back to work. It has been really great to spend much desired quality time with my wife and close friends. Before we left for vacation we enjoyed watching our close friends Nate & Kristie get married. (see picture) They had a wonderful ceremony and an awesome outdoor reception--which included some yummy fruits and cheescake...drool! They wouldn't tell me where they were going for their honeymoon, but they get the priviledge of spending the next 8 months out at Briercrest in that wasteland they call Saskatchewan (obvious sarcasm about it being a priviledge). I can't wait to get them home over Christmas so that Chairty and I can do a double-date. They are such an awesome couple...and Nate if you read this...I love ya bro!

After their wedding Chairty and I drove down to Portland for our vacation. Needless to say that the best 2 days of weather were the days we drove down their and back again. We spent some time downtown cruising the malls...lots of shopping=FUN. We did get the chance on Wednesday to go west to Cannon Beach. This place is AMAZING. WOW...this was such a spectacular place to just relax and de-stress. I hope that these picutres give at least some small window into how magnificent this place really is. The rock formations that appear on Cannon Beach are called "Monoliths" The largest monolith on Cannon Beach is called "Haystack Rock" It truly is something spectacular to look at. Charity and I enjoyed a great picnic lunch on the beach, and then layed in the sun for a while. A little while later it started to get quite windy so we packed up our stuff and headed down Hwy. 101 towards Lincoln City for some Outlet Mall Adventures.

For those of you who wonder if we did indeed do everything I said we were going to do: according to my last post...here's a recap.

We did visit Cannon Beach. We got to go on the Jet-Boat Ride (sorry no pictures: water+camera=not a good idea) We visited Pittock Mansion...and wow was that amazing. We did not get to eat at the sushi restaurant...but that's ok...it's not like I can't get sushi here. And we had the most romantic dinner at the best table that Portland City Grill had to offer. We had 180 degree views of the Portland Skyline. The food we ate was amazing: here's what we ate.

Tyler had: Dungeness Crab crusted Butterfish (Oven roasted with savory crab crust, saffron caper sauce, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes.

Charity had: Parmersan Crusted Seared Jumbo White Prawns. (With garlic mashed potatoes, roma tomato coulis, basil infused olive oil, and ginger balsamic reduction.

Needless to say this was an amazing meal. Overall it was a nice vacation. Too short..but often vacations are. It's good to be home, but we had a wonderful time in the Portland area, and were extremly grateful to our friends Matt & Becky for allowing us to stay at their place while we were down there...you 2 are such great friends! After we got back into Langley, the very next day we attended the wedding of two great friends Dave & Annie. It was a lovely wedding ceremony, and an even lovelier wedding reception held at the Inn @ the Westminister Quay. The meal was catered by "The Boathouse" restaurant...and boy was it mmm mmm delicious. It was so great to see such amazing friends get married.

Needless to say this was one CRAZY week. I think our wedding quota for the year has been maxed out with having 2 weddings on back-to back weekends. Today I went out to lunch with my friend Matt Davies who was in Ottawa for the entire summer, and then we went back to his place and played GT4 & NHL '05 on his 50 inch TV. It was a lovely way to spend my day off. Well I think this post is long enough, so I'm gonna stop typing now...

Cheers,

Ty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy

As far as I can tell, we're still a 'Go' for the 25th. The only thing that might get in the way is a worship bbq, but I'm hoping that it will land on the 11th.

Can you send me those pics of Matty the Tiger?! When ever you got the time....

Take care, bud.
- Andrew

Nitehawk said...

What sarcasm? I thought the sarcasm was that Saskatchewan is a wasteland...

Anonymous said...

Tyler HAgan you were down in Portland and you didn't come see us!! That's ok we undersatnd.... you were on vacation, but it would have been great to see you! We live 15 minutes from Matt... which reminds me I still have to call him.. i'm a dork and lost his number! I was completely dumbfounded that they live near us anyway! Wow! and ya, Cannon beach in insanly beautiful! We go there often!
Take care Tyler and say hi to Charity for us, if she remmebers me!
And if you're ever down here again, please please email me !
Tara and Preston