Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Goodbye Langley...Hello Mexico!

It's going to be getting even more quiet these next 2 weeks here in blogland as Charity and I take a team of 14 students and 2 other adults down to Vincente Guerrero, Mexico for a Missions Trip. We leave bright and early Friday morning at 6am...let the road trip begin!!!

We're going on this Missions Trip with a company based out of Chilliwack called Stoney Creek Expeditions. If you have never heard of them, you've got to check them out. These people are a youth pastors dream come true!!! I don't know how I could have done this without them. Some of the main things that we're going to be doing while we're down there is building a house for a family with 8 kids, and as well playing some soccer with them. We'll be giving out a bunch of our supplies from past soccer camps which you know the kids will just love! We'll spend some time twice during the week doing some VBS as well.

For all of my students this is their first missions trip. Even for myself this is my first cross-cultural missions trip. It's going to be an amazing time down there, and before we even get to go to Mexico we're stopping off at Six Flags L.A. This will be a fun time, and probably the only chance for some of these students to get to go to Six Flags.

Don't worry...when I get back I'll be sure to be making a few blog entries about the whole experience. Please be in prayer for our team, and for the staff at Stoney Creek who are taking us on this trip. God's going to change lives through this trip...I can't wait to be apart of that.

Adios,

Ty

2 comments:

afterthoughtcomposer said...

YAY!!!
Have so much fun that will be awesome! See ya when you get back!

Andrew said...

Ty

I apologize for the pressure we unknowingly put on you & Charity (well, mostly you I suppose! :D) What do your days look like this week & next? I was thinking that if we planned it enough in advance, maybe Nate could join us also ...

Toodles.
- A

PS How was Mexcio?! I guess I can wait for the blog report ;)