Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Beauty of Winter

I was out yesterday with one of my students. Chris took this shot yesterday morning at a park near his house. I simply love this shot...and was thrilled to get a copy of it yesterday afternoon when we connected for coffee.

These last few days have been spectacular. This snow fall is certainly one to remember. Charity and I found ourselves right in the middle of the huge snowfall Saturday night when we drove into Ladner for my parent's annual Christmas party. One poor lady at 7-11 (where we stopped for some hot chocolate) was having a nervous breakdown into the phone saying "it's a white-out...I'm not going to be able to drive." I think she had a prior negative experience driving in the snow to be that worked up. We made it safely home that night...praise God.

Sadly, Charity and I never got to have our annual "first snow-fall winter walk." Every year we've been able to walk up to Starbucks and grab a coffee/hot chocolate on the first snowfall. This year we couldn't because we were in Ladner. Oh well...bring on the next dump of snow! Charity had her class canceled on Monday and we were able to decorate our house for Christmas! The tree is up...and we're realizing that we're running out of room in our basement suite! A 7.5 foot tree sure takes up a lot of regularly used space.

So before the rain comes (which we know it will) enjoy this amazing snow. Make a snow-angel, make some yellow snow, go for a walk...whatever you do enjoy the amazing scenery around you.
Blessings,

-Ty

No comments: