Thursday, June 28, 2007

BIG DAY TOMMOROW...

Most of you won't know this...but tomorrow morning at 9am I go before our Denomination's "Advisory Council" to defend my positional paper, and get grilled with tough theological statements for an hour and a half.

Truth be known, this isn't my first time doing this. I tried this process about 6 months after starting here at the church, but didn't have a good result. Because of this, since January I have been chatting theology with a good buddy of mine twice a month over coffee. Needless to say this has been a HUGE blessings to me, and I really feel confident going into tomorrow's meeting.

If I pass, then I am "officially" recognized as a Pastor in the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches, and am then granted the ability to marry people. So it's a pretty big deal. So please say a prayer for me...and good or bad I will update this tomorrow morning before noon to let you know how I did.

Blessings,

Ty

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey Tyler,
I'll definetly pray for you! That's intimidating, but I am sure you will do great! God bless:)