Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Death

This really isn't the easiest post to write. This past summer has been a whirlwind of tragic events that have claimed the lives of a friend from high school's husband, along with another friend just this past week from Briercrest.
I got a note on facebook on July 20th letting me know that my friend Christine lost her husband, Randy, in a motorcycle accident in Calgary. This sent shockwaves through their community, through their close friends and through me. Randy and Christine have two boys, who I imagine struggle to understand where their daddy is.
Now, this morning as I find out that a friend of mine, Preston, was killed on the side of the road while trying to help a student who had struck an elk with his car. Preston and his wife Tara were good friends of mine while at Briercrest. They have a son, Jacob, and Tara is pregnant with their second child.

Here is the link to the Oregon news station that reported the accident:

CLICK HERE:

It is so hard to find words to write this morning. I search the scriptures for words from God to try to bring some reason to this. To see two amazing men, godly men, great husbands, awesome daddy's be taken from this earth...is hard to deal with.

But through this I know that we have to look to God for our strength...even if this hurts. I found these words in the Psalms today...this is a promise to hold onto.

Psalm 119:76-77
Now let your unfailing love comfort me,
just as you promised me, your servant.
Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live,
for your instructions are my delight.

So I ask you to join me in praying for Christine & her two boys, and Tara and her son (and soon to be child). Pray for their families & friends. Ask God to surround them with his love, to mourn along side them, and to shower them with his grace.

"To Live is Christ...and to die is gain." Phil. 1:21

-Ty

1 comment:

Barclee said...

"for i believe with all my heart, that earth holds no sorrows that heaven cannot heal"