Friday, September 26, 2008

One Homeless Night

So tonight I am going to be homeless.

With only a sleeping bag, piece of cardboard, and the clothes on my back I am going to join hundreds of other students across Vancouver who will gather at the BC Lions Practice facility, and come face-to-face with really what is only a taste of homelessness.

I'll be the first to admit my life growing up was privileged, and I truly have no clue what many men and women go through on a daily basis--living on the streets. I can only hope that tonight God awakens my heart (and the hearts of my students coming) and gives us all a passion to make a difference and to take action against homelessness.

I ask you to please pray for all of those who are going. I don't want you to pray for "no rain" but rather pray that there is an outpouring of God's presence tonight. Pray that hearts are changed.

I'll make sure to throw some pictures up afterward. And check out the news tonight and tomorrow...there are rumors that a news crew will be there at some point.

For more info. check out www.onehomelessnight.com

Blessings,

Ty

1 comment:

afterthoughtcomposer said...

...so how was it?