Wednesday, November 05, 2008

OOOOOOBAMA.


The people have spoken. Change will "officially" happen on January 20th 2009 when Barack Obama gets sworn in as the 44th President of the USA.

Funny how parties were thrown, massive news coverage was given, t-shirts were worn, buttons adorned, and this was all in Canada. Oddly enough, I think I remember voting for our current prime-minister a few weeks ago...but not to the fanfare that this decision invoked.

History was made last night...and whether you voted Red or Blue...this change will affect everyone...even us Red & White folk "up north."

I am curious to see how Obama will bring about this "change" that was so clearly marketed through his entire election campaign. Sadly...through much of this fanfare, my neighbours to the south (Washington state) voted to approve Initiative 1000 "death with dignity" a.k.a. doctor assisted suicide by a margin of 59% to 41% making them the second state to allow this.

Change is coming...but at what cost? Lives?

-Ty

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hi Tyler,
You probably don't remember me from Briercrest days, but I think you know Danielle Smart (not sure of her married name) and I would love to get in touch with her. Does she have facebook? You should tell her to look me up...Erin Coote (formerly Erin Dorey). Thanks!!

Tara said...

I think it's creepy!! People worship the guy and it really makes you think, if this is what they do for him, what will they do when the Antichrist comes? Interesting thought.