Friday, January 23, 2009

Middle School Hockey Game


Tonight our middle school ministry is heading down to watch the Vancouver Giants vs. Kamloops Blazers. It's a yearly tradition that I take my youth down for Giants' games. I am excited to start this new tradition with my new church tonight.

This is also the 2nd installment in our "family"nights that I have very much enjoyed this year. Rather than simply taking students out for events, I have come to enjoy inviting their parents/guardians & even other siblings to come along.

Spending time getting to know more parents, and enjoying a game of hockey together is awesome. Ultimately student ministry is all about partnering with parents to raise their students. Oh...and who can argue about attending hockey games as a part of their "job description".

Tough life eh?

-Tyler

No comments: