Thursday, January 01, 2009

A New Year.

2009 is going to change my life. Literally. There is so much that I look forward to with great anticipation. So much that I look forward to with a healthy amount of fear.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" (1st Cor. 2:9)

This verse has incredible significance for my life right now, and will be a verse that I will keep coming back to this coming year. Here are a few of the things that I am looking forward to in 2009.

1) Costa Rica Vacation: In February for 10 days Charity and I are meeting up with her parents in Jaco, Costa Rica! Her parents have rented a house for the entire month, and we are incredibly excited to get to visit them!

2) June 6th is my baby's due date! This single event is going to change my world forever! I am excited, nervous, freaked out, elated, joyful, and a myriad of other emotions when I consider the shear fact that I'm going to be a daddy.

3) 1 year at Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship: I can't believe that May will mark me being at ERBF for an entire year already.

4) My Wife on Mat-Leave: Can anyone say home-cooked meals! Ok, maybe this is a bit of a stretch, since she'll be home taking care of our child...but just the thought of walking in the front door to a home-cooked meal gets me excited.

5) Reading More: I have a ton of books that I would love to read this year. Somehow I am going to be more diligent with my time, and attempt to read 1 book per month. That's my goal.

6) ________________________________________

Truth is, that I leave number 6 blank because this list isn't finished. There will certainly be more events that will come to fruition this year that I'll be incredibly excited to experience. Reality is, if and when these events happen...chances are I'll blog about them.

Happy New Year,

Tyler

2 comments:

Tara said...

ya so the home cooked meal part, isn't that when you're supposed to cook the meals for your lovely, "I just pushed out a baby" wife? ha ha

Dalton said...

Tara's on the ball on this one Ty.

It SHOULD read: Can anyone say Mac and Cheese everyday?!