Friday, May 01, 2009

"Ex" Series T-Shirts


WOW. I'm still not 100% sure what to think about these t-shirts being being put out by "The Passion 4 Christ Movement"

Here's a quote from their site:

"Yeah we said it….Nobody talks about it, but most people have done it or are still doing it. It's seems to be a rite of passage for both girls and guys into the world of sex. Some say masturbation is not a sin, some say that it is. But is it really okay in the eyes of God?"

Two Questions:

1) Would you dare to wear one of these shirts? (hey that rhymed)

2) Does this only spur on the "I think I'm better than you" mentality of so many Christians?

Either way...I've seen my fair share of cheezy Christian t-shirts before. Too many to be honest with you. Just one trip to Creation Fest every year and my eyes have seen enough for another year.

On a more serious note: if you are struggling with masturbation, find an ADULT to talk with. (since a friend is likely struggling with this too). Pretty much like 95% of teens/young adults struggle with this...you ARE NOT ALONE. TRUST ME.

-Ty

(ht to Marko for this)

2 comments:

afterthoughtcomposer said...

what no one's commented? Hmm.

Well, it's going to sound sarcastic (okay maybe it's a teensy weensy bit sarcastic), but next they should make shirts that say

"I USED TO cheat on my wife"
or
"I've thought about you naked. But Jesus loves me anyways"

...the point of my dry humor?

that our focus shouldn't be on the sin, but the redemption, and more than that. The Redeemer Himself.

I think these shirts go hand in hand with the rest of the "shock Christianity" culture. I vote no.

Graham said...

Have you ever been to a baptism of someone you have known growing up and the "person they used to be" part of their testimony doesn't remind you of what you know? People often exaggerate or publicize what they used to be like because they think it somehow makes God seem bigger and in return makes them feel bigger. Does that make sense?

God does not need us to make who we used to be public for his glory. Paul says simply, "I was the chief sinner". He didn't go into detail. We are told to do good works to glorify God - not do good works, them tell people how bad you were...

Is God happier with the man who has slept with one woman (his wife) and only her or the man who slept with dozens, then married and never cheated?