Friday, June 12, 2009

Noah McKenzie Hagan


Noah McKenzie Hagan
Born: June 11 2009 @ 12:54am
Weight: 6 lbs, 11 ozs.

I'd like you to meet my SON! Yup, I am now a proud daddy! Charity and I are SO EXCITED to welcome this little bundle of joy into the world! Mom is doing well, and is enjoying these next few days of bed-rest of simply bond with Noah, and recover from her labour. I am so stinking proud of her...she pushed this guy out with NO DRUGS! My wife is awesome.

Grandma Smart is here with Charity until the 24th so it allows me to get back to the church and get some much needed work done. It's so great having Grandma here with us so help Charity and to be another set of eyes, ears and arms!

Noah met his Pappa & Grand (my dad & mom) last night along with his Uncle Terry & Auntie Alisha (my brother and sister-in-law). It was so great to have the family here. These next few weeks will be filled with many more visitors I am sure.

About NOAH...
Genesis 6:8 "But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD."
Genesis 6:9 "Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God."
2nd Peter 2:5 - "Noah, a preacher of righteousness"

When I got a few minutes alone with Noah as Charity was being attended to by the nurses I got to pray over my son. This was such a special moment for me. What I said will forever remain between me and my son, but my prayer now is that Noah will grow up to be strong in his faith, and to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. That he will find favour in the eyes of the LORD, and that he will be a preacher of righteousness...maybe even walk in his daddy's footsteps and become a pastor one day! How sweet would that be!

So that's a little update about my life. More pictures will come in the next few days/weeks/months. This blog will likely take a dramatic shift towards focusing on life with Noah, but I am sure that you--my readers--won't object.

Much Love,

Ty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats to both of you.. he's a cutie.
danelle coleridge

Graham said...

Well my friend, life will never be the same. You got a little more of a head start than I did but I am following shortly :)

Noah is a very lucky and blessed little man because he has two parents that not only long him but love each other and most importantly love God.

Your desire to have him follow God more than anything is awesome.

I know God will bless you and keep you. I know there will be times when Noah will piss you off and times when he will be what you are most proud of. God is good and his ways are good.

I have been thinking about all this myself lately, for obvious reasons, and simply come back to the verse, "bring up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he WILL NOT depart from it". That is your job. That is soon to me my job. That is a scary job. But that is the best job in the world.

I look forward to sharing stories with each other. To giving each other advice. To having giant mugs of cyber coffee (and hoping the odd cup of actual face to face coffee).

Thank you for being an example of what a new father should be. Not only talking about how cute he is but also realizing his potential to change this world for the kingdom of God.

God will do mighty things through your son for this world and for the kingdom and God will do mighty things in your son through you and your wife.

I know you will do an awesome Job teaching him not only to be a man, but to be a man of God, a man of integrity, honesty and faith.

I will be praying for you all.

Graham

Tara said...

oh so fun! congrats!! He is precious! And yes you will find your blog becoming all Noah, but I think it's great. And so sweet you prayed over him, what a great daddy you'll be!
And no drugs!? wow! Was it a fast labor?