Friday, May 06, 2005

Sleep Deprivation...and friends.

This week has been one where I did not get to bed before 1am for 4 consecutive days. The reason behind this has been my friend Jeff Gullacher was in town for a ministry conference at Regent College (www.regent-college.edu). I was the Youth Ministry Intern under Jeff out in Lethbridge a few years ago, and Jeff was the Pastor who married Charity and I. It was great to see him again, and to sit down in the evenings and chat about all that God is doing in the lives of our students until the wee hours of the morning.

I have realized through this week how neet friendships are. Jeff and I have talked occasionaly since we saw each other last July but once he was here this week, it was as if no time had passed. I want to encourage everyone who reads this to connect with a friend that they haven't talked to/or seen in a while. I am no saint in this area and have struggled like many to find time to connect with old friends.

I will leave you with some wise words...

"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship."
- Saint Thomas Aquinas

No comments: