Friday, April 28, 2006

A week in Cow-Town

This past week Charity and I flew out to Alberta to spend some time with her family. We arrived into Calgary last Friday night and then drove to Peters' Drive In. If you ever go to Calgary this is a MUST! We snacked on Milkshakes & Onion rings at like 10:30pm...mmm! We then drove to Lethbridge where I was able to connect with some good friends who are in the trenches of youth ministry alongside me. It was a great time to share what God has been doing in my life, and in the church...

Monday my friend JiMi and I headed up to Calgary for the day. We spent some time in IKEA, walking throuh Chinook Mall, and then headed to my hotel. Thanks to my brother's fiance who works for Delta...I got a sweet room overlooking the Bow River. The hotel is also right next to Calgary's China Town...and since my buddy JiMi is chinese he took me to this amazing Chinese Restaurant where we gorged on some greasy, yet very delicious food.

The reason I was in Calgary was for a SonLife Youth Ministry Training Seminar. It was a small group of people (4) who signed up for this...so it allowed us to have some really deep conversations. The whole seminar was really relaxed and casual. Our facilitator was an awesome guy, and I really appreciated his layed-back style.
I was able to take some walks around downtown Calgary to see the sites...and I was quite impressed. Downtown Calgary is quite similar to downtown Vancouver. I walked to a place called Eau-Claire Market which reminded me of Granville Island. It was a good week...but it's great to be back home in BC.

Peace:

Ty

No comments: