Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Onward to Alaska !!!


This Saturday Charity and I (along with her parents) are setting sail on what most people tell us is the most spectacular cruise you'll ever take!

We're going north to ALASKA!!! Woo Hoo. The ship that you see is our ship...the Serenade of the Seas. It's a fairly new ship (built in 2003) which has a rock climbing wall, mini-golf, and indoor solarium swimming pool. We've been looking forward to this cruise for months, and we can't believe it's almost time to leave.

We leave out of Vancouver which I am incredibly excited about. I can't wait to see the city from the water, and to travel underneath the Lions Gate Bridge! Needless to say I'll have my camera ready with a full charge on the batteries. The ports that we'll visit are:

June 4: Icy Straight Point
June 5: Hubbard Glacier
June 6: Skagway
June 7: Juneau

So I'll make sure that I take lots of pictures...but don't expect much communication from me while I'm on the cruise. Priority #1 is to RELAX.

We started to pack last night--and then ironically enough--my iron broke! (If you really know me you'll realize how comical this statement is). So after work we have to go buy a new one since you can't bring irons on board and they don't have them in your staterooms either...so you have to pre-iron all of your shirts, khakis, etc...

So anyways, have a great week...and I'll post LOTS of pictures when we return.

Bon Voyage,

-Ty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray, it is just two sleeps away and we will depart on our first cruise together. I am so happy to be sharing this time, experience and vacation with you my darling!