Thursday, October 02, 2008

Busy Weekend

I am very much looking forward to this weekend. Here's the run down on what's going on:

1) Eagle Ridge Elders/Staff Retreat @ Cedar Springs Retreat Center in Sumas, Washington
- this is going to be a great time interacting with the other elders & staff, as well as taking time out from our busy lives to be still and listen to God. I am excited with the direction God is taking this church, and I eagerly anticipate this weekend to be an incredibly refreshing time for everyone. Sadly...Charity is working (someone has to!)...so she won't be able to come.

2) Shopping in the USA
- yup...3 of us on staff here are playing hooky tomorrow and doing some shopping in Bellingham! I have a specific mission to purchase some Starbucks Energy Drinks for one of my students AND for a parent of one of my students in our ministry. If you have never had them before...these are what I'm talking about.

3) Lunch w/ friends on Sunday
- Charity and I are really looking forward to going out for lunch with our friends Phil & Brianne on Sunday. They have the same last name, but had Jerry Springer run extensive DNA tests before they started dating to ensure they weren't related!

4) Canucks vs. Anaheim
- oh baby I am excited for this. We were given free tickets to the Canucks game on Sunday night! Time to break out my Trevor Linden jersey and ensure my voice is ready for loads of screaming. I love the Canucks...and any chance to see a game is amazing! I am extremely grateful for the generosity of one man in this church for hooking me up with these tickets!

So yeah..that's my weekend! Pretty freaking sweet if I might say so!

-Ty

1 comment:

Barclee said...

where are the homeless night pictures? : )