Thursday, April 23, 2009

6 weeks...

Did someone tape down the Fast Forward button on my freaking life?

6 weeks until my life changes forever, until I become a daddy, until I become the godly example that my kid will look to, until I become the ally that my wife will always look to for support...

Until...

There isn't a whole lot to still prep as we get closer to this kid arriving. I guess there are advantages to husband & wife both being (first born-type a) personalities. The exciting thing is we have finally figured out our boys name (NO WE WON'T TELL YOU!) So now we have a girl & boy name...depending on the gender test doctors do at birth...I even hear they have a 100% accuracy rate!

I think some of the most important life lessons I've been learning lately are:

1) Pray for this child. "Pray continuously"...as it says in 1st Thessalonians 5:17
2) READ BOOKS: Books are good...and if you have the mindset that you don't need to read, you're gonna get a swift kick in the rear when this baby arrives!
3) Support Group: Get in contact with others who are expecting/new parents. Seems like MANY of our friends are in this faze of life right now, and that's super exciting.

Oh, and I'm still looking for a store where I can purchase the "iPOOD" baby onesie. So if you know where I can get one...let me know! I think I'll wait until after the kid is born so then I can specifically get a blue/pink one.

Lastly...I think my wife is incredibly beautiful! And I am kinda jealous that she gets to be the one to "feel" all these amazing sensations of having a baby in her. Oh, though that whole "labour" part, yeah...Thanks God for making me a guy! lol.

-Ty

3 comments:

Tara said...

So exciting!! If you have a girl we could arrange for a marriage.... haha kidding:) but.... you can get the ipood onsies on amazon.com

Anonymous said...

You are adorable and a wonderful man and husband! Thank you for continually praying for our child and for being thankful you are a man...I too am thankful you are a guy! LOL! Love you!

Anonymous said...

The last comment was your wife...just in case you were wondering!

Charity