Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Fat Pastor

Yup, yesterday at the gym I finally stepped up onto the scale and these were the three numbers that I saw. This past year and a half has seen me go from the best shape I was ever in (right before my wedding) to the worst shape I've ever been in. Many of my newlywed guy friends have adopted the term "married ponch" to kindly "poke" fun at our belly buldge. Call it a belated New-Years resolution...call it whatever, but things need to change.

So as of today you are officially invited to join me on this journey towards getting back into shape. My goal is to loose:

25 lbs. before I'm 25

This means that I should reach my goal no later than June 16th. This gives me just about 20 weeks to do this in. I should see no reason why I can't pull this off. I know that I need to eat better, to hit the gym more (since I've had a membership there for over a year now), and to stop watching so much T.V.

I challenge any and all of my friends out there to do likewise, if lately you haven't felt all too proud of your "ponch." I might post some progress pictures, but I'll wait until I hear some positive feedback before I go ahead and potentially scar your virgin eyes!

Let's Get Physical:

Ty



7 comments:

Matthew g Prior said...

I was doing awesome, no real "ponch" to speak of... then my wife got pregnant. Dumb sympathy weight!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you and will help you keep on track ...that does mean no more ice cream you realize. Hugs and Kisses!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!
Ty, it takes guts to put those three fat digits on your blog. Way to set a goal for yourself. I haven't cracked the 2-0-0 mark yet, but I'm too close for comfort. It's my pastor pot, I say, but it's gotta go!
Good luck man!

- A

Dalton said...

I think I weighed that much when I was 16. . .

Dalton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Greg Drummond said...

Tyler, I totally sympathize! I am hovering over the 190 mark. An we all thought youth pastors were supposed to be active people. What happened to us? Say hi to Charity for me

Greg

Greg Drummond said...

Tyler, I totally sympathize! I am hovering over the 190 mark. An we all thought youth pastors were supposed to be active people. What happened to us? Say hi to Charity for me

Greg