Saturday, October 21, 2006

campus fire recap


well it's been a pretty intense weekend hanging out with fellow your workers and student leaders. this was an amazing conference, something that really came at the right time for me. God found me this weekend, and really touched my heart. thank you to all the people at CanadaFire...Darian, may God continue to work through you all the days of your life.

the work of CanadaFire has a really special place in my heart...something that I've seen hatch from a small dream back in high school to this amazing network of students who earnestly seek God's presence in their high schools and university/college campuses accross Canada. how cool is it that God gave us wireless high-speed internet so that we can "feed" signals all accross Canada and get trained by leaders in other cities...all from the comfort of even your living room!

Even cooler was what we found out this weekend...for all those who have heard of Youth Specialties...and their National Youth Workers Conventions...guess who's getting one in Canada? Yup...those who live in the beautiful province of BC. Mark your calenders for Nov. 29th-Dec. 3rd 2007. More info. on this I'm sure will be coming soon on the CanadaFire website. I hope I'm allowed to even write this...the fact that it was printed on the back of our pamphlets makes me assume so...please forgive me if I wasn't!

so much to condense into this posting. i was so grateful to take 4 amazing students to this confernce with me. they are awesome, and i pray that God does an incredible work in their hearts too. if you guys are reading this..."WHAT NOW?" you know what I mean.

well it's been way too many late nights, and early mornings...so I'm going to bed. Hooray for church in the morning!

blessings,

ty

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Whenever you see a website or something pop up for that Nov '07 confernce let me bud!

See you sometime in Nov.
- Andrewp

Andrew said...

Embarrassing. I should really re-read my typing. That's suppose to say "let me KNOW bud." And I can't even spell my name right.
I'm hiding in shame now ...

- A