Friday, January 05, 2007

God’s Timing is Everything...

Well Happy New Year. 2007 is here...and it started out a little differently that I had anticipated. Charity and I loved our time our in Alberta with her family at the reunion. She'll be the first to tell you that I ate moose meat. I'll be the first to tell you that I rode a snow-mobile for the first time. She'll be the first to tell you a played with puzzles. I'll be the first to tell you I went back-country snowboarding with a good friend of mine.

Either way you hear it we had a great time. What had to be the most amazing part of the whole trip was how God cleared the roads for us. We purchased Charity's parent's '98 Accord in Lethbridge and obviously needed to drive it back home to BC. Now, traveling Highway 1 in December usually means snow...lots of snow. Well, here's where God's timing is everything. There was NO SNOW on the roads the entire trip. We drove at or slightly above the speed limit the entire time. I didn't even know I was on Rogers Pass until we saw a sign saying "You are now leaving Rogers Pass". That's how clear the roads were. God's timing is everything.

However not all aspects of God's timing coincide with how we want his timing to work itself out. Charity and I were blessed with a Christmas Bonus from our church. WOW. That was never expected. However...they wanted to encourage us, and support us, and ultimately bless us. We began to make plans for this bonus. We were going to put the funds away to pay for part of our vacation we're hoping to take this summer. Perfect....! WELL... again God had other plans.

New Years Day morning we slept in, and then got ready to head to Ladner for a belated Christmas with my family. I went to load some of our presents into the car. As I looked closely at the cars I noticed something. On our Vibe, the passenger mirror was vandalized. The mirror itself lay on the sidewalk, while the housing for it was broken on the inside. Then I looked over to our Accord...and the entire passenger mirror housing was like someone sat on it. It was only being held on by the connecting wires!!!

So on January 2nd I took both cars into find out the damage total. Turns out our deductible is about the same as to just pay to fix them with cash. So...no insurance to cover the damage...but...God's timing is everything. The Christmas Bonus we received from the church was enough to cover the cost of fixing both mirrors. PRAISE GOD. So today I'm off to hopefully get one fixed--if not both.

Charity and I had plans for that money....good plans...fun plans....OUR plans... However, God knew of our upcoming misfortune, and had it all planned out. I learned a lot this Christmas, especially that God knows my needs...and as for my wants...God's timing is everything.

Blessings,

Ty

No comments: