Saturday, January 27, 2007

RESCUE--Amazing Music!!!

AMAZING.

Simply amazing. Chances are you have never heard of these 4 guys from Portland Oregon, but I have to say you are really missing out.

Now before I go any further let me tell you what genre of music they are....A Capella. Yup, no instruments, just the sound of 4 incredible voices. Yet some of the most amazing music that I've heard in a long time.

Rescue is performing this weekend at Missions Fest, and our youth group had the privilege, and I mean it when I say privilege of hearing them perform. Simply awe-inspiring. Their vocal talents are unlike anything I've heard in a LONG time. These guys had totally captured the attention of every one of my students...as well as hundreds more that were there last night.

Ask any of the students who were there last night what their favorite part was and they'll say the Vocal Percussionist Demo. Brandon Bell, did a drum solo, beat boxed, and performed tons of more "sounds" I guess you could call them. The performance left us speechless. We were cheering like crazy at the end. It was phenomenal.

I highly recommended you check out their website & myspace.

And please click on "Vocal Percussion Demo" on both sites...they're both different, but each are simply amazing in their own right. They'll leave you just jaw-dropped at the end.

These guys have totally changed my outlook on A Capella music. Listen to as much as possible on their sites, and if you like 'em you can order their CD's off the main website.

Enjoy,

-Ty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was at missions fest friday to sunday and i LOVED your music soooooooooo much. brandon bells vocal preccusion demo was amazing. i just wanted to say thanks for playing for us i had a great time it was worth the trip.

im blair from nanaimo i hopefully will get to see you guys play again my favorite song is so excited its a great song talk to you later

Blair