Thursday, January 18, 2007

Perturbed with Palm!

I pray this never happens to you.

I have been an avid Palm user for quite some time now. It began with the old school Palm IIIxe, then moved up in the world to the Palm Tungsten E, and now I am the owner of the amazing Palm T|X.

I have always been pleased with my Palm products...until now. SIX months after receiving my T|X from my wife & family for my B-day it ceased to turn on/off. The button was totally fried. So, I go to Palm's website, and find out that I have to pay to ship it back to them for service (even though it's still under warranty!). So $20 bucks later, I shipped it to Palm in Toronto on Jan. 3rd.

Their website states this:
"Exchange
Send in our original palmOne device at your own expense to a designated palmOne repair center; using the instructions sent to you in the order confirmation email. Once your device is received by palmOne repair center, a new or reconditioned palmOne device, at palmOne's sole discretion, will be sent to you within 7 business days.


So...after seeing online that my order should be sent back to me on Jan. 10th I was quite happy. NOPE. After a few days I check my Service Order...and find out it's delayed until Jan. 18th. So today...eager to see that my palm is coming back to me...I find out it's now delayed even further until Jan 23rd.

So today I call Palm. Not only do they not have a complaint department, all they are willing to do is note that I have called and they simply offer a formalized apology saying "I'm sorry, but there's nothing that we can do about this right now." Even though their website "states" maybe even could be interpreted as "guarantee's" that you'll receive either your palm repaired or a new one in 7 days...this means NOTHING.

So here I sit...without a $400 dollar PDA, that is somewhere in Toronto...and all I want is for it's speedy return to me. Some of you naysayers will tell me that I should just go back to the days of a pen and paper...but I will hear nothing of the sort.

So I pray that you never have this kind of problem with your Palm. They are great devices, and I've never had a problem until now...but man, this company SUCKS THE BIG ONE when it comes to customer service.

Still Waiting...

-Ty

2 comments:

Greg Drummond said...

That sucks Tyler. Do you want me to send you some post it notes? Maybe enough bad publicity could get them to improve things and help their customers out more

afterthoughtcomposer said...

Way to stick to your guns tyler! We're all very proud of you :)