Monday, February 05, 2007

on the inter-web

yup, my church has finally gotten itself a website! WOOT. (that's for you Todd).

www.nwlb.ca

After years of using this really old, outdated, virtually useless website (if you can call it a website), www.nwlb.2ya.com (click and go to it...and please laugh...laugh until you cry), we now have one that we can be far more proud of.

This website launched yesterday at our church's AGM...and I'm grateful that this church can communicate in a language congruent with 21st century culture. I believe it's useless to operate a website unless you USE IT to communicate to your community and culture. So with the launch will come more changes, updates, additions, expansions, and I'm sure a wide variety of both positive and negative feedback.

So for all my nerd friends out there...let me know your thoughts on the site. Realize that I'm not the webmaster...and I don't have God-like capabilities to just go and change things instantly. (even though that'd be a cool ability to possess). I want to know if you're looking at this website for the first time, which is the true case for most people, then tell me your feedback on:
1) what you like
2) what you dis-like
3) found easy to navigate through?
4) found cumbersome/awkward?
5) colours?
6) graphics?
7) anything else...

I want to make this site something that our church can be proud of, and use as a clear communication tool for the gospel to our community around us and to our current church people too.

-Ty

1 comment:

afterthoughtcomposer said...

Hey there,
I'm at work...so I guess that means I should be doing...work...but nonetheless, I am taking an A.D.D. break and reading your blog. I have to say, MASSIVE upgrade on the site! I will check it out in more depth later (say...when I'm not being paid to do other things!)

Ashley