Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Soaked at Switchfoot


yup. I left the Croatian Cultural Centre around 11pm last night absolutely drenched in sweat (some my own...much more from others).

Last night marked the start date of Switchfoot's Canadian tour. It's been a while since these guys have done a full out Canadian tour and I know many of my friends are eager to see them in the city nearest to them. Last night's show was simply spectacular.

They kicked off the show with Oh Gravity and the music didn't stop for another 2 hours. Being general admission I was able to squeeze myself all the way to the front basically. You could call it "front row" but there were really no "rows". Gasping for air and dying for water I staked my claim on my one square foot of floor space that would be my home for the show.

Half way through the show Switchfoot played "Life & Love & Why" as their requested song that was voted on by fans prior to the show. Great to hear that song again! The whole set list is somewhat of a blur to me otherwise I'd post it for you. But they did not dissapoint with many great favorites like "Dare you to Move" We Were Meant to Live". For their encore, Tim came out with only his acoustic and played "24" followed by the band joining them and rocking out to "We are One Tonight."

Sorry, but I didn't bring my camera this time, 'cause I just wanted to enjoy the evening and not have to worry about an expensive camera wrapped around my wrist. So take my word for it, this was a great evening. You missed out if you were thinking of going.

P.S. Andrew...you missed a good one, but obviously God saw more important things for you to be doing (eg.) spending time with your new baby boy! Next time man...you and me we'll hit up a show together!

Rock On!

-Ty

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Thanks for the note Ty ;) I'm not too jealous! How did Charity feel the exam went?
- A

Cheryl said...

I'm so jealous....sigh.

afterthoughtcomposer said...

ummm Tyler, I just realized that in your profile you list "Ferris" as one of your favorite movies. I own it on VHS. We should have a party and watch it. Okay!!! Oh, but I mean it!

and ps. Seriously, thank you for your encouraging comment on my little blog. It meant a lot.