Sunday, June 05, 2005

MY NEW '96 VW PASSAT GLX


Well as you can see from the first half of this post I did sell my Jimmy and now I am the proud owner of a Volkswagen Passat GLX. It is deffinately a change having driven my GMC Jimmy for the past 5 years to now driving a VW Passat. I have always thought about owning a VW for a while...since a few of my friends own them and they are known to be great cars. I originally considered purchasing a Jetta since that is the car many of my friends own. But for someone who is 6'2" I needed something with a little more space. This is where a Passat fits perfectly. They are quite more spacious then the Jetta, and this model in perticular comes with a shwack load of extra goodies!

I purchased to Passat about a week ago now, but since then it has been at a local garage called Auto Folks (www.autofolks.net) getting some much needed repairs done. Somethings are just common sense when you purchase a used vehicle, but this one had a few surprises up its sleaves. If you want to hear the whole story about what we've found wrong with this car please email me: tchagan@telus.net Thankfully we got a BCAA inspection done prior to the purchase and as it turns out half of the costs for repairs will be covered by BCAA because they mucked up on their inspection. WOO HOO. I have been so blessed through this whole time, even though it has deffinately not been the easiest week on both Charity and I.

One thing that I love about my new Passat is that it comes with a whole bunch of things that I never had when I owned the Jimmy:

1) Cruise Control
2) Air Conditioning
3) Leather Interior
4) Heated Seats
5) Sunroof
6) 4 Doors
7) and many other things...

For anyone who is reading this...I warn you now NOT to read into the fact that I bought a family car (shrug) I HATE that word. If I really wanted a family vehicle I would have gone out and bought a MiniVan. This is one sweet ride...and I am excited to see all that it can do. Afterall it was built in Germany, and these cars are designed for the Autobahn!!!

Drivers Wanted:

Ty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.