Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Life

It's one of those times in my life where I am left without much to say. So many of my friends seem to be going through so much right now...Matt is moving to Spokane and possibly getting a new job, Andrew is a daddy... and here I am still doing what I'm doing, nothing really major to report.

So what have I been doing? This past weekend I went to Columbia Bible College (I'm not linking to them since they are the competition!) for their Youth Workers Conference. The guest speaker was Marv Penner, the man who mentored me and helped shape my passion for youth ministry. It truly was great to hear him speak, and much of what he said had deep affect on myself and my youth leaders who attended with me.

God really spoke through this weekend into my life and my youth leaders. We always need times of having someone pouring into our hearts...since much of our job is to pour ourselves into the lives of students. We all left feeling convicted, challenged, refreshed, empowered etc...

SPRING BREAK:

Well now it's spring break for my students. This means I won't be in the office much this week. My schedule is already filling up fast with coffee's, lunches, meetings. Geez. Youth Pastors don't get a break over Spring Break...that's for sure. I'm looking forward to my lunch with my buddy Matt Davies on Wednesday. He's been over in Maui with YWAM and is only back for a few days. I can't wait to hear his stories.


Charity and I are excited that we're finally able to get to see baby Josiah Haak on Thursday night. We've been wanting to get downtown to see him for a while now...so this is great!

And maybe...just maybe we'll get to have a date on Friday night. Our first Friday night in a long time that we can spend together without having paper due or tests on the horizon! It's really nice to know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to Charity's schooling.

And then the first week of June we celebrate all of this with our Alaskan Cruise. Anyways, this post is more random than anything...so I'm gonna stop now.

-Ty

1 comment:

Greg Drummond said...

Hey Man. Hope you and Charity get that date night. We love them here! Beth and I get to see Marv too, this Saturday at the Core. She's really pumped about it. Check out the big news in our life on my blog. I called it "Going where the wind Spirit of blows us". We're excited