Thursday, March 29, 2007

oh gosh...


anyone? help? how do I process this? is this the inevitable future of the contemporary christian music industry? If it is...I'm done.

some of you are already asking me how I stumbled across this? it was purely innocent I swear! I was just checking out YourMusicZone.com and this was the "featured artist."

my mind is trying to process this...and make a decision as to how to I feel. something in me really feels bad for this 14 year old guy in the band...that either his life is going to be forever tortured by high-school bullies--or on the flip side that he's an absolute stud! feel free to weigh in on this one!

other parts of me are wondering if this cookie-cutter, pre-processed, uber-generic music is beneficial for younger tweens? some will agree, some with dis-agree. all I know is that I find it hard to see where the "talent" lies in this. I use that term loosely...but sadly this is the case in much of today's contemporary christian music.

anyways...this is something totally random to post today. it's definitely not going to get the highest amount of comments either. oh well. sometimes things are just simply random.

-Ty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this should not be allowed *shudder* it's almost as bad as those infomercials you see for the kid sung versions of Christina Aguilara and so forth.....not good. This is Amelia by the way...it won't let me sign on...

Nitehawk said...

I don't know. It kinda looks a little like S Club 7 if you ask me. As sad as that was I don't think that this could be much worse... But where does the name pureNRG come from??? Are they trying to sound super high tech?
All I know is I won't listen to it.

Anonymous said...

You know, it may not be the kind of music that you or I would listen to, but you have to remember this is geared towards kids less than half our age. Granted the "teenie-bop pop" music has starting to become dated, however, I would much rather kids listen to this music than idolize other pop-culture "icons" like Britney Spears and Eminem.
Thats just my two cents.