Wednesday, March 14, 2007

National Pi Day


I think this one falls under the subject "those random moments in youth ministry."

Today I got an email from one of my students- Chris, simple telling me "Happy Pi Day." Apparently this is actually a big deal...so off to the Google races I go to investigate this further.

Wikipedia even has a whole page devoted to this! Pi Day happens every year on March 14 at 1:59:26 p.m. Yup, the nerds of this world have united to create a simply head scratching holiday!

So, as I sit here sipping on an Irish Cream latte...thinking to myself "this post was a total waste of my time", I realize that no...it wasn't...the people who spend their days counting Pi to its infinite digits...those people are wasting their time!

UPDATE: I just had this site sent to me by Chris' dad...(turn your speakers up!)

So HAPPY PI DAY.

-Ty

3 comments:

one said...

happy pi day to you...
:)

Greg Drummond said...

Thanks man! Beth and I brought a blackberry pie to youth last night. That website song is crazy!

afterthoughtcomposer said...

mmm...pie....